2. The Information we collect
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity data – may include your first name, maiden name, last name, user name, marital status, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Contact data – may include your delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Technical data – may include your IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Usage data – may include information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and communications data – may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data e.g. where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature on our site. We do not collect sensitive data about you.
3. How we collect your personal data
Information is collected from you when you provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise, including when you:
- Complete our online contact form
- Request resources or marketing be sent to you
- Enter a competition, prize draw, promotion, or survey; or
- Give us feedback
4. Why we collect it
We collect information about you so that we can manage our relationship with you e.g. make contact with you after you have made that request, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally, or enable you to take part in a prize draw, competition, or survey. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section 4). You may update the answers to your questions at any time.
5. Who we disclose it to
5.1 - We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
5.2 - If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
5.4 - We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
7. Accessing and updating your personal information
We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish. Instructions about how to do this are available from firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to respond to you promptly.